Need help setting up xp2600 pc, problem with bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI. I have a

ASUS a7n8x w/amd xp 2400 TB
768m ddr 400 ( 1x512 Kingston & 1x256 ???brand)

I am having problems finding the correct settings for the cpu frequency, fsb, and all of that kind of stuff. When I first put the system together it defaulted my cpu as an xp 1800 so I went in and messed with the settings and i've just figured out that it still isn't right. I have pretty good cooling so I tried the "agressive" setting in the advanced chipset features section of the bios but it makes no difference. I'm afraid to mess with the multiplier/memory frequency settings because I dont want to blow the thing up so I'd appreciate any help with the correct settings. Thanks

2400 or 2600 like the topic says?
Either way, the FSB should be 133 MHz (or 266 if measured like that). 2400+ TB should be 15 x 133.

It's actually a 2400, but it seems to be running at 2600. The bios settings are

cpu external freq (133mhz)
cpu freq multiple (8.0x/16.0x)
memory freq (100%)
resulting freq (133mhz)

I have good cooling and my temps are very low so I figure its not hurting anything . What I have a hard time understanding is the whole multiplier thing. For some reason I cant grasp the idea. I just want to make sure the system is operating the best it can. So what processor do I need so my ram is utilized at it's full potential?

You don`t need to worry about the multiplier as your cpu`s multiplier is superlocked, and cannot be changed. It should be automatically detected as 15x

As Mict has already pointed out, your fsb should be set to 133mhz(266mhz effective).

Take a look HERE at the Athlon XP specs.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back