Need Help With Battlefield 2142

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjKraid

recorded and uploaded it to youtube

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AtLzglyqHU[/ame]

there's one thing that u can't c there, there are some wierd textures allways in the screen...so I can't c in the dark...

Looks like you may need to completely uninstall the old video driver and install the most recent driver. What video card are you using?

*EDIT*

I looked at your system specs, and I'm going to assume that you're using the 9500GT. If you installed the video driver from the disk that came with your pretty new card then you may want to try the nVidia version of the driver. They tend to work best because nVidia invests a bunch of money in their drivers correcting bugs while the video card companies that actually produce the cards tend to spend much less money.

Generate a DirectX report
click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

Note a whole lot stands out the dxdiag report other then

1. try upgrading your Yukon network driver (from v10.51 to v10.64)

And things not in the report
2. Do you recall about when the problem started? What's the latest version of Java you're using? If you check Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs, look for Java and you'll probably see several versions installed
=> Do you see Java version 6 update 10? (the latest release. note the install date)
=> Do you see Java version 6 update 7 (as i recall the previous release)
Don't that is related but fyi friend's had problems with similar graphics output "scrambling" (if i'm seein you're video without my own display problems!). Their problem appeared related to java v6 update 10 as it stopped when I uninstalled it and have them back to running v6u7 for now

3. Another shot in the dark: Don't update BIOS simply because a newer version is there but worth looking to see if newer BIOS versions are available from your system vendor (or motherboard vendor if you built your own) and what types of problems they've fixed. (And being careful when choosing to update BIOS is wise cause sometimes you can really really screw things up if making a mistake)

cant fin anything about java in the add/remove hw :/ that can't be right...there are only some windows and office security uppdates and hotfixes...

the problem started when i took one cd/dvd drive out (had 2)

the bois is not updated, it's still the original

but why can i play other games with no problems?? -for example Far Cry 2, Crysis and so on....

cant fin anything about java in the add/remove hw :/ that can't be right...there are only some windows and office security uppdates and hotfixes...
Yea, is odd. Try the EA support tools to check your java and any other tools/relevant info they can provide
the bois is not updated, it's still the original
if you give me the product info i can look up / look at any newer bios versions that have been released and if might be relevant
but why can i play other games with no problems?? -for example Far Cry 2, Crysis and so on....
That;s the wonder of technology :D especially multimedia. For just one example, If you download the release notes for the Geoforce driver you'll find nvidia lists several OPEN problems for specific games (but Battlefield isn't in the list). Here's a snip
• Half Life 2: Episode 2–the in‐game brightness is greatly reduced if Enhanced or Override AA is enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [429254]
• Counter Strike–the application crashes to the desktop if the resolution or bit‐depth is changed from the in‐game video options menu. The problem does not occur if you change the resolution or bit‐depth from the game’s main
the problem started when i took one cd/dvd drive out (had 2)
- Install that Yukon driver (it could be an data stream/network issue as well)
- Follow-up on issues above and let's see they're all addressed
- Once those done, will tell you what to do to look for any Windows device errors to make sure there are none

/*********** EDIT **************/
OH! This might be interesting. I don't know anything about that game. But this is listed by nvidia THO for the Geoforce 8600 .. but is it relevant?
• [SLI], GeForce 8600 GT: Battlefield 2–there is texture corruption on the wall in ʺGulf Of Omanʺ map. [350931]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back