Need help with getting a new case

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsman892

Hi, I have a Asus K8V-se motherboard, and i have a really borring dull case. i really want to get a new one, but i dont know anything about compatability with the motherboard and it. the cases ive been looking at are: ASPIRE X-Infinity ATXB6KLW-BK , and ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW .

So I'm not really sure weather they will fit with my motherboard or anything so if you guys could help that would be great. and if they wont be compatible could u please give me some links to ones that i could get that have cool leds and a clear side, and a power supply.
thanks

That motherboard is an ATX so most cases will work just fine with it. The only thing you may have to change on the case is the back panel where the connectors are. The back panel plate usually comes with the motherboard so it doesn't matter which case you get.

What's the rest of your system like or do you just have the motherboard right now?

i have evrything, im just upgrading my case. thanks for the help man im also gonna upgrade my ram too OCZ EL Platinum Dual Channel 2048MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB), and a at x800xt all-in-wonder video card

1 more thing...

Hey i have another question, do you think that I will be able to put all my stuff from my old case into my new one, I have a common knowledge about computers, but im kinda scared that i could screw somthing up.

X-Infinity

I bought an X-Infinity from Newegg a few months ago, and I am quite pleased with it. Plenty of fan capacity, very attractive- I recommend it. The removable mobo tray is really handy.

You can do it! Just follow the mobo manual, be sure about your standoff placements, use an anti-static wrist strap, and use mfr websites, and TechSpot if you run into questions. :grinthumb

thanks guys, and yea i was thinking about that, but my friend has the same one and it would be kinda weird getting it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back