Need help with video card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey im looking to get a video card for my hp Pavilion a1120n im pretty sure i only have 2 PCI slots open what card should i get for the best price around 100$'s i was aiming for. I mainly use my computer for gaming and if anyone knows i was also looking to buy about 1g more ram this is what i got when i ran a system check for what ram i can use DDR2 PC2-5300. THanks,

get a ATI Radeon 256MB DDR2 RAM on pci. It runs best on pci but the geforce is alot slower and it isnt very good with older mobo's.. oh and its 79.99 in stores or 40 bucks after rebate sometimes in frys

While not your only option(you did look at the thread I linked?).

It`s certainly one of the best pci video cards around.

Regards Howard :)

yes i did read your link it was informative, is this worth it though is it goign to make a noticable difference from my chip set that i currently have?

I would`ve thought it would make a noticeable difference. If you read the reviews in the Newegg link, it appears to have no trouble in playing Oblivion at fairly good settings.

Regards Howard :)

well if any1 knows where ic ould get a cheaper one let me kno i bascially just want to play world of warcraft and not lag for once :p so im going to get a new vid card and another gig of ram so... thanks for the help in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back