Need help with XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed XP sp3 on a Gateway laptop. Nothing else is on it right now. My network connections are:1394 connection (which doesn't seem right, no local area connection). I can not connect to the internet. I have a netgear router and when I tried to install it on the laptop, I received an error that said "no ethernet adapter installed" I have an internal ethernet adapter. Bare with me, as I am not that computer savy.

I have downloaded gateways Broadcom wireless for my model number, I still can't connect. I should say that netgear is also installed on my other laptop (this one) and I am connected just fine. All the wireless does is try to assign/verfiy IP address

In any event..Can anyone help me.

I have check the device manager, no yellow alerts
ipconfig release and renew

Thanks for your help and patience :)

Does the Router Contain an association button? Check for the button at the bottom or refer to the manual to know where it is found. You might need to press this button before connecting.

plenty of people have had connection problems after SP3 especially wireless. http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-28554-no-internet-connection-after-xp-sp3-update mentions several possibilities for you to try. Having no local area connection is a givaway. Notice some people of little faith revert to SP2 - they just don't try hard enough !!

It is almost always having to restart or reset some part of the system that SP3 has wrongly shut down, or an updated driver is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back