Neowin: HTC EVO 3D Smartphone Review

Neowin

Is that phone 3D or is it just happy to see me?

The mobile market these days has gadget lovers planning their next purchase based on roughly four key items: size, hardware specs, OS, and the key features or special touch that separate their phone from the competition. The HTC EVO 3D pushes forward in most of these categories (with Android being a personal preference) with its dual core 1.2GHz CPU, Adreno 220 GPU, 1GB RAM, 4.3" QHD 3D screen and 3D video recording and picture taking capabilities. The phone comes packaged with an 8GB class 4 microSD card as well as a USB wall charger and micro-USB cable. The EVO 3D is by no means a small phone, but for those used to the EVO 4G or similar phones it will feel at home in your hand.

General Use
Booting up the EVO 3D for the first time is straightforward. It asks to activate the phone, asks which wireless network to connect to, and then walks you through a quick tutorial and links in your Google, Flickr and other accounts. Immediately you can tell you are in for a great experience. Flipping through the home screens is smooth and animations in general are nice and not overly done.

Read the rest of the review
This article is brought to you in partnership with Neowin

Permalink to story.

"Faster hardware aside the key feature that currently separates this phone from the market is of course its 3D features."

Oh please. The Optimus 3D has 3D capability and the OMAP4430 in the optimus wrecks the MSM8660.

I've got my eye on that EVO 4G+ in the hopes that it'll come outside of korea. With the EVO 3D I don't care for the 3D and the phone isn't even remotely worth $200 on contract.

Back