Nero 6 Bug, Users Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
For those of you who have jumped on to using Nero 6, beware. There is a bug in Nero 6 that could wipe out your hard drive. (Thanks to acidosmosis for posting this on the boards).

Nero 6 contains a 'bug' that could delete your entire harddrive. The bug is introduced with the Nero 6 Recode project. Bug might even not be the correct word for it, it seems more that Ahead forgot to limit the feature to empty the destination folder for temporarily files.

If this destination directory is set to the root of a disc (e.g C : \) and if the question: "Destination folder is not empty, do you wish to clear it" is answered with yes, all files will be deleted. Ahead has already put up a page explaining the issue that will be resolved with a future patch.

Yeah I'd say that is a HUGE ooooppsssss!!!!! :eek:

Oh and for some reason that link you posted isn't coming up for me julio.

olefarte posted that bug an hour before acid........

give credit where credit is due...............

Well we need to know where credit is due, first, when your saying otherwise....:rolleyes:

agissi, do you know to whom you are talking?

i'm the teacher here..cough, cough, right?
read the ."title" of my post.........."olefarte'"........

Who asked for credit? Not I. Just trying to help, and that thread didnt show up when I did a new thread search before I posted.

i didn't say you did

i just happen to notice....... who did.......and, you're right, this isn't about......... credit.....i'm just saying it straight..........and, acid,.......... thanks, for the post............ ( i, just wanted, a shout out, to the one who did)...........this thread was started by julio,...... and, ........was directed to julio............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back