Netbooks any recomendations what's best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about .NET Framework in general or something related to and with a slight emphasis on Visual Studio 2005/2008??

I think Wal-Mart has some tiny notebooks for around $500... I hope you have good eyes or maybe even a external monitor, keyboard and mouse

I have a Dell Mini 9 and I really like it. I got the model with XP since it was cheaper but I installed Ubuntu 8.10 and it works great. My only complaint is that Dell wants like $60 for an extra 30w AC adapter for it.

The Mini 9 might not be the absolute cheapest but I found the Asus eeePC and Acer one to both have very unimpressive trackpads which makes the extra couples bucks I spent seem well worth it.

I liked everything on the dell but the lack of a hard drive 8gb is not very big and i tried a acer at the local office depot and liked everything but the dumb track pad. I also tried the eee pc but the new 10 inch one feels cheap. so idk i am stuck on my descian. dell which i have three dells and love them all or acer with the big hard drive idk what todo!

Original notebook AC Adapters can be bought from many other sources, usually for under $40 here in the USA

Original notebook AC Adapters can be bought from many other sources, usually for under $40 here in the USA

Indeed, I just checked eBay again and now someone is selling them for $30 plus $10 for shipping, which is better but I think I'll wait till I find it a bit cheaper still. I can get a big AC adapter for my XPS M1530 for $25 shipped, it just doesn't make sense for me spend more than that on a tiny 30w adapter for this netbook.

8gb is not very big and !

I got the 16gb version and I still have 10gb free after installing Ubuntu with openoffice and other basic apps. I use an 8GB SD card to hold my music for it so that frees up a lot of space.

Have you looked at the Dell mini 12? Just a bit bigger and comes with a small hard drive, I think they are the 1.8in ones like iPods have, so the capacity isn't huge but it is better than you can get with flash memory. They are a bit pricey last time I looked though

The drawback to the Dell Mini 12 is that it comes (stock) with 1GB of RAM and Windows Vista.

You might want to take a look at the MSI Wind. The price tag is in your range, and it comes equipped with an old-fashioned harddrive instead of SSD, which means you can get 120GB harddrive, and you'll probably be in your price range. As of this past week, you could find the Wind for $350-400. The ones closer to $400 come Bluetooth enabled. The less expensive ones don't have it.

The MSI Wind also has one of the largest keyboards of comparable sized netbooks. It's not full-size, but it's closer than the Asus keyboards. Haven't a clue about how well the touchpad works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back