Network disconnects internet on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitan

I have a very strange problem; I recently added a new computer to my belkin wireless G plus router and everytime that computer turns on, it disconnects the internet.

I can't seem to figure out whats causing it. All the network cards/mobo drivers are updated on all computers, firmware for the router is up to date. The new computer is on Vista while the other two I have connected to it is on XP. Does that make a difference?

Its nothing to do with the operating systems :| Its probabaly just a setting you haven't changed. Uninstall the router and reinstall it or just simply hold the reset button at the back of the router in for 20 seconds. This will reset it to default settings.

I unplugged + reinstalled all the router disks as well as reset the settings on the router. The computer still disconnects the internet when it turns on. Mind boggling.

I am confused by your posting. Are you saying that when you start up this one computer, it causes all of the other computers connected to the router to lose internet connections? If so, do you know where the connection is lost (at the router level, at the modem level, etc.?)

When the vista computer turns on, the routers connection to the internet cuts.

I'm not sure what settings to check on the vista pc but I checked and nothing seemed out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back