network printing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i have looked through the forum and haven't noticed where I could put this..but lets see what is out here.

I have networked my printer for printer sharing. When I print ANYTHING off of the shared port the resulting pages have PAGE x (where x is the number of pages printing at that point) and the computer address that is initiating the printing.

my question is...How do I remove that from the pages being printed? Is it a tweak or reg edit. I looked up Banners but that is a totally diffrent subject and mine is turned off anyways.

How did you network your what printer and how did you install that shared printer onto your clients?

Windows printer sharing? Some print server software? A dedicated print server box?

Gamemaster-Ltd said:
I have networked my printer for printer sharing. When I print ANYTHING off of the shared port the resulting pages have PAGE x (where x is the number of pages printing at that point) and the computer address that is initiating the printing.

my question is...How do I remove that from the pages being printed? Is it a tweak or reg edit. I looked up Banners but that is a totally diffrent subject and mine is turned off anyways.
this is quite common. think of the common usage for networked printers; a commerial site with many desktops. with everone printing to a common printer, there are two ways to identify which documents belong to whom; a separate page separater (thus wasting one page per printout, or adding a header/footer to the document.

This home or business? What make of printer or model? HPWebAdmin tools are you using that. You can change internal settings of any network HP printer and clear out settings back to default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back