Network Query

TheDevopsGuy

Hi guys,

I have two queries today hopefully someone can shed some light for me.

Sometimes at home I'm disconnecting. When I try to ping any public IP I get a "response" from my public IP on the router.

"Network host unreachable".

How can my public IP not be able to communicate with my ISP's site. Contacted ISP they say there is no issue from their end.

Also, I've noticed that when I try to renew dhcp I get a 192.168.100.x ip from the wan link instead of a public.

On another Note. I have a PRTG remote probe issue. We have aproximately 20 remote probes yet for some reason two of them keep disconnecting. Log's show its a time synchronization issue maybe someone of you ever got into such issue and solved it?

PRTG support told us to remove NTP time updates, which this isn't reasonable and to disable npcap which I did yet issue is somewhat still occuring.

PRTG support told us to remove NTP time updates, which this isn't reasonable and to disable npcap which I did yet issue is somewhat still occuring.
totally agree

you have multiple routes (maybe even routers) and when one fails, the other just takes over. What would have gone to x.x.x gets sent to y.y.y -- I've never seen this resolved but to await a complete routing table and packets to be sent where they belong.

Maybe they do a 1 to 1 NAT at the core. I have seen this done a few times in the past. Then if there is any disruption between you and the core it creates the disruption you describe.

Back