networking noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealdeal329

ok so i got 2 pc's hooked up through a router, i have zone alarm, the free version installed on a machine, but i cant get into any shared folders when its active... but when i shut down zone alarm i can access both computers without a problem, anyone know what i can do to have ZA let me access both pc's? the pc that has ZA has win xp, the other has win ME if that helps

i placed the trusted zone security on medium to allow sharing it didnt work, so i turned off the firewall for the trusted zone security, i was reading the zone alarm tips, i think i might need to get zone alarm pro to get more into networking...

I think you need to set up trusted shares. This will allow you to say that only the computers on your local network are trusted, so only they can access each other.

You will have to search around in the settings, because I'm not exactly sure where it is, as I don't use it.

Hope this helps a bit.

thanks, i've been looking around to set that up... im having a hard time getting it setup... well i figured it was a matter of time before i upgraded my firewall, i think its time i go with something more customizable... thanks for ur input, very much appreciated

just an update.. i just upgraded to ZoneAlarm pro and it recognized the other computer on my network really quick, cool program, i really liked the free version but from what i see theres alot of cool features on the Pro version....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back