Neverwinter Nights 2 lags horridly

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

My computer, while not top of the line, is not exactly slow either. It's listed in my profile.

I recently purchased Neverwinter Nights 2. It seems to work fine whenever I'm indoors, but when I go outside the FPS drops very low. I've tried turning down the graphics settings to minimum (down from maximum) and turning the resolution down to 800x600. No matter what I do, the FPS stay pretty much the same, in the 10-20 FPS range. It goes into the hundreds without vsync when I'm inside.

Now I know that outdoor areas are harder to render, but I've turned all the settings down to as low as they can go, including the draw distance, which is now so short that I can only see about 20 feet around my party. None of that improved the performance at all. The game is fully updated. Anyone know what's happening?

(I know I haven't posted for a while... I've sort of lost interest :()

I'm using neverwinter nights 2 for my uni work and let me just say that it runs on a VERY unoptimised game engine. It takes more resources than necessary and even my uni computers with 8800GT's have issues with too many ( less than 50 ) entities on screen.

For starters it'd be good to know whether its a driver issue. You can try to update your drivers around to different builds or even try custom drivers. Also try updating the game to the latest build, as they might have some memory fixes and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back