New ASUS it Posts but powers down shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Members
I have a new mobo ASUS A7V600
A new hard drive
new case
new tested DDR 2700 memory (2 sticks) they both work in my working PC (i built it myself as well)

old used sempron (it has no bent pins nor it is burned or cracked.
Old 300 watts PS that worked on my old PC
old ATI working AGP card ( I also tried PCI video card )
so the video card it is not a problem

The board is installed on the 4 screwS (I checked it, it is not shorting anything, It is firmly attached.

I also reseted the CMOS taking the battery and all that
The CPU sempron is correctly and firmly placed into the socket
The heatsink is pluged and there is a termal grease that I just placed on it fresh.

What could be the problem
Anyone please help
thank you

check the power is going through ok? try booting with a boot cd like the Retail WinXp cds.. check bios settings ok - ram, hdd, pci etc, reseat all devices may help...

do you get any error codes (beeps, halts etc) and what stage does it power down when it posts (after ramcheck etc)

ASUS powers down

do you get any error codes (beeps, halts etc) and what stage does it power down when it posts (after ramcheck etc)[/QUOTE]

I do have one beep.
I have read few other threads and tried to re-mount the heatsink and fan.
After I changed its position, my pc didn't shut down immediatelly
But it did shut down while I was doing some testing to my system
I have also came up to a conclusion, that my semprom cpu speed which is 2400, overheats and the systems dies out.
I have tried to set its clock speed to 1000 mh
It has been working so far but that is not its real speed
So i don't know if the CPU is not powerfull enough or the fan does not cool it down
I noticed that the heatsink is quite hot, my be it is the way it should be?

so it comes on and POSTs then shuts off?

well the heatsink is doing its job.. but i fear that you may be correct that its not getting enough heat out of your chip hence it shutting down...

go into bios settings, there should be a page where it shows you teh temperatures and votages and such, check what its reading there..

there was a thing on how a cirtain AMD chip was reworked to act as a faster speed but not realy.. but i cant remeber what it is refering to.. maybe one of the guys here can clarify it.....

system runs now at 1500+
It has not yet shot down on me
I am very confused
Anyway
I will go and check the temperature in bios you sad?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back