New build advice

pw2much

I'm contiplating a new build with the Asus-F1A75-V Pro Motherboard, with the AMD Processor, AMD QC A8-3870 3.0GHz, 4MB L2 Cache,Corsairs TX650 650watt PSU,at lease 16gb of memory(Kingston HyperX 1600),AMD Radeon™ HD 6570 Graphics card,Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3A-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)+HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000.D HDS721010DLE630 (0F13180) 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive,and a Liteon Blu-ray Burner with Blu Ray 3D Feature IHBS112-04 - OEM+Liteon Model iHAS124-04 -with my Philips 23" LED HDTV,and running Win7. Ultimate 64bit OS.All in a NZXT TEMPEST EVO Crafted Series TEVO-001BK Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
So what do you think of this system that I haven't started purchasing yet, but these are the parts that need or have done a search for, I may change some of the parts according to the price of the parts. This build will take some time to get together money wise.

What are you using the PC for? That's probably the most important question because a gaming PC will have a different optimal setup to a workstation PC for example.

My initial thoughts are:
- Unless you have a good reason, that's way too much RAM. 8GB is more than enough for most people.
- It's a bit of a waste of money getting an A8 processor (which has an integrated graphics processor) and a dedicated graphics card.
- If you're going to be gaming the 6570 is not going to be enough.

As above, what is the intended usage of the computer?

Also, if gaming is a requirement, what resolution do you plan to game at?

I intend to use it as a entertainment center mostly for video editing I'm not much at gaming,maybe some no heavy gaming and yes I guess 8gbs is enough,it can take 32 at max. that is just the projected goal that's why I asked for advice so the video card will it be enough for those reasons and I would really prefer the A8.this is going to be where all of my movies, photos, etc.will be in the living room.You think the graphics on the processor is enough by itself for video editing of bluray movies too.

The A8 will cope with Blu-rays fine, I don't think you need an additional graphics cards based on your needs (especially as a 6570 will not give you much of a boost).

So you think the on-board graphic & 8GB of memory will be enough? What about the SSD do you think that I need it or will a 2TB 7200 rpm 32MB cashe 6.0Gb/s 3.5 internal HHD be enought because of the large video library and programs that I might have. Gaming is not my thing but I have kids and grands that play them so some gaming will be on the list but not a priority and I'm thinking the on-board graphics will handle some of the games.Multimedia will be the front most purpose of this build.And it will all be connected to my 32" Hannspree 1080p HDTV.,and Yamaha reciever.

The graphics on the A8 are quite decent. You can always get a dedicated video card if you find that it's not enough.

I would definitely recommend an SSD as a boot drive, speeds up everything considerably. You'll notice that hard drive prices are very expensive at the moment due to the floods in Thailand, for example the same 2TB drive I bought a few months ago for £50 is now 3 times as much. If you have an old hard drive, you can use that for the time being and get a bigger drive when prices come down.

Has anyone seen the Komputerbay 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz DIMM or know where to purchase them other than Amazon.com?? or the Kingmax Nano Gaming Ram Series : DDR3 1600MHz 8GB Overclocking Memory Modules, they're single 8GB memory sticks that come in single channel,dual channels. The Kingmax suppositely doesn't need heatsinks on them? where can they be purchased other than Amazon, they're asking 50.00 dollars for one Komputerbay 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz DIMM at Amazon.com but I cannot find the Kingmax with that capacity .

Well I almost have all of the parts for my new build,but it's taking this long because of the prices of parts these days.these are the parts that I still have to get: a SSd, a case, a PSU,a Video card, and a blu-ray burner.

Well The new Build is coming together I think I have all of the hardware that I intend to get for this build.AMD-A8-3870K cpu,ASUS- F1A75-V Pro motherboard,Corsair-600W CX600 psu,Corsair- 8GB 1600 Vengence ram, an OCZ VTX3 ASUS120GB SSD + 1TB HHD,Asus Gt520 2GB video card (just in case I need one),LG UH12LS29 12x Multi DVD Blue w/3D Playback, all in a NZXT Tempest EVO computer case w/ Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 oem OS. I'll let you know when everything gets here and I start the build if I have any problems.

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's always nice to hear how a member is progressing with their build, and to see pictures once its done. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p6w5o7qf35as298/-xHSQE_wuV New link for all the rest of the screen shots. Please take a look at the screen shot see if I did anything wrong in the setup!Because when I start up the system I get this at post:[FONT=Arial]PCIE Gen 2 and under that it say cannot detect devices? have I set it up wrong or what? How do I attach a screen shot on here to show you the settings? and it doesn't show me any devices on my computer at all. this flashes on twice before it goes to the ASUS window to choose weather to go to bios setup then to windows start-up.[/FONT]

Back