New Computer Shuts Off, When Turned On It Turns Off, Then Back On, Stays On, No Post and No Video

After building this PC (system specs below) approximately 2-months ago it has been running like a top, and so it should for what it cost. Last evening I was only surfing the internet when it shut off without warning. On attempting to start it back up I hit the power button , it runs for about 2-secs, shuts off, then starts back up again and remains running but does not post nor is there any video display on my monitor. I had overclocked the CPU ever so slightly after doing alot of reading / watching instructional YouTube videos to 3.7GHz and it has been running quite stable w/ regular temperatures from what I have witnessed.

I have read a few other threads that have a similar issue. The only thing that I can think of, after having read another thread is that I did not apply additional thermal paste to the CPU before installing, as it did have some present on it upon receiving it new, rookie mistake maybe but like I said it has been running great. That being said, my first step will be to remove the CPU from the motherboard, remove old thermal paste and apply fresh thermal paste and see if that will correct the problem.

I would very much appreciate any guidance and / or assistance that anyone can provide. I consider myself a fairly tech-savvy person but as this was my first computer build I would appreciate any positive feedback people have to offer.

Thanks.

Paul
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada

System specs are as follows:

Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Case
ASUS X99 Deluxe II Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-6850K 15M Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.6 GHz
Corsair Hydro Series H110i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler, 280mm
2 x ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition Graphics Card
Corsair HX 1000i High Performance Power Supply
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 SDRAM
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 2280 512GB
2 x WD Black 6TB Performance HDD

Sounds like it could be a problem with the power button itself. Supposed to be a 'momentary on' - but might be defective and staying 'on'.

Back