New fan concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Direct from the page:

ACOUSTIC NOISE / BALANCE

As known, the tips of fan blades are the main source of noise when a fan is rotating. The magnet of T.M.D. FAN surrounds along the tips of fan blades. This "tip-magnetic" design eliminates the major noise source of an impeller and provides the suspended balancing force when impeller is rotating.

Sounds like it'll "sound" quite quiet :D

Well we'll have to wait to see how these perform.
Sounds promising though. Getting rid of the dead zone under the motor should do wonders for cooling performance! :grinthumb

Originally posted by Arris
Well we'll have to wait to see how these perform.
Sounds promising though. Getting rid of the dead zone under the motor should do wonders for cooling performance! :grinthumb

Too bad they don't have any statistics for the fan. I tried d/lding the stats sheet from YS Tech's website, but it always disconnects me. Think it should be the same stuff that overclockers.com is posting on their article.

Looks pretty hot, I had the same trouble trying to get the spec's from the website. Noise has me a bit worried though.

looks pretty bad @$$ :D too bad my AX7 has a big metal chunk in the center of it so it doesn't matter if I have a dead zone in the middle or not.

Originally posted by SilvrNBlack
Looks pretty hot, I had the same trouble trying to get the spec's from the website. Noise has me a bit worried though.

Noise is actually the least of my concern. Nothing can beat those Delta screamers :D

DID YOU SAY DELTA ?? I WORK FOR DELTA, AND YEAH OUR PLANES DO SCREAM BY. IF I WASN'T SO DEAF FROM THE WHINE I COULD HEAR YOU BETTER.

Yes I am joking, about the hearing, however, it is not as good as it use to be. My Ys Tech 60x60 screams like the delta's (fans)

Its a way cool design though

DID YOU SAY DELTA ?? I WORK FOR DELTA, AND YEAH OUR PLANES DO SCREAM BY. IF I WASN'T SO DEAF FROM THE WHINE I COULD HEAR YOU BETTER.

Uh.. In that case, DELTA'S THE BEST! :D

Yes I am joking, about the hearing, however, it is not as good as it use to be. My Ys Tech 60x60 screams like the delta's (fans)

Its a way cool design though

I don't mind the Deltas if they weren't that loud. I suppose it's ok to put the Delta fans in servers where they are placed in the server room away from the users... Too bad for the sys admins though! :)

Originally posted by lokem

Uh.. In that case, DELTA'S THE BEST! :D

I don't mind the Deltas if they weren't that loud. I suppose it's ok to put the Delta fans in servers where they are placed in the server room away from the users... Too bad for the sys admins though! :)

I know what you mean Lokem, I had the honor of going into some of our server rooms and it was quite defining....

Originally posted by boeingfixer

I know what you mean Lokem, I had the honor of going into some of our server rooms and it was quite defining....

Makes you wonder how pple can work inside there doesn't it? ;)

My previous company had a rather small server room filled with Intel servers. Those are nothing compared to the server room filled with HP servers in a client's company.

There was one day when there was a power failure in the company and the sys admins scrambled to shut down the server coz the backup air condition unit wasn't installed properly. Scary stuff. It's amazing how fast those servers lockup due to heat reasons.

Yeah Lokum I know what you mean. Ours even has Halon Fire suppression system in it. Suppose to be able to put out a fire and be back up in 15 minutes....yeah right.....anyway, thats the theory. I also had the honor of taking an air traffic control tower and a center tour awhile back and its just a hummm in there. Most of the computer stuff is QUITE dates there. The building even has big louvers on it to shield itself incase its attacted...i thought it was funny when I toured it.....I don't anymore.

Originally posted by boeingfixer
Yeah Lokum I know what you mean. Ours even has Halon Fire suppression system in it. Suppose to be able to put out a fire and be back up in 15 minutes....yeah right.....anyway, thats the theory. I also had the honor of taking an air traffic control tower and a center tour awhile back and its just a hummm in there. Most of the computer stuff is QUITE dates there. The building even has big louvers on it to shield itself incase its attacted...i thought it was funny when I toured it.....I don't anymore.

Cool. I now wonder whether all those extra fire protection actually works in server rooms since I doubt they have been tested. Sad to see that only after that incident pple are upgrading their emergency backup plans.

Yeah Lokum I know what you mean. Ours even has Halon Fire suppression system in it. Suppose to be able to put out a fire and be back up in 15 minutes....yeah right.....anyway, thats the theory.

I thought the Halon sytems where suppose to be phased out by 2004. that whole kill the admin in the room and then destroy the ozone. well thqat is enough enviro-ranting im off to do some clear cut logging;)

Originally posted by Butterball
I thought the Halon sytems where suppose to be phased out by 2004. that whole kill the admin in the room and then destroy the ozone. well thqat is enough enviro-ranting im off to do some clear cut logging;)

Isn't it supposed to have a couple of failsafes to keep from killing the admin? The places where I know they've got Halon setup, they have plenty of those... (failsafes...)

As for the enviroment... I won't start an enormous enviroment discussion here, but I doubt that there is too much of a problem with disappearing ozone due to Halon fire supression...

.02$

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi

Isn't it supposed to have a couple of failsafes to keep from killing the admin? The places where I know they've got Halon setup, they have plenty of those... (failsafes...)

As for the enviroment... I won't start an enormous enviroment discussion here, but I doubt that there is too much of a problem with disappearing ozone due to Halon fire supression...

.02$

WharT?!? You mean those Halon setups can kill pple inside the room!?! Geez....

Originally posted by lokem
WharT?!? You mean those Halon setups can kill pple inside the room!?! Geez....

Depending on the setup...
Consider being in an "airtlocked" room which all of a sudden get's filled with halon... And being there for a couple of minutes... Chances you survive are ~0%...

But, they come with failsafes to stop that from happening :)

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi

Depending on the setup...
Consider being in an "airtlocked" room which all of a sudden get's filled with halon... And being there for a couple of minutes... Chances you survive are ~0%...

But, they come with failsafes to stop that from happening :)

Didn't know those rooms were supposed to be airtight. I've been to a few server rooms, they just look like normal rooms to me; just with elevated floors for aircondition vents. Guess the implementation in my country isn't as strict as in the US... Scary ;)

well lets set some of the facts right, they are most certainly not airtight but halon is a poisonoius Gas that will kill in a very unpleasant fassion. and they are suppose to have a "failsafe" where an alarm sounds 10 sec. before the halon is release so just hope you dont trip or get traped under a pile of Cat 5E or something

well lets set some of the facts right, they are most certainly not airtight but halon is a poisonoius Gas that will kill in a very unpleasant fassion. and they are suppose to have a "failsafe" where an alarm sounds 10 sec. before the halon is release so just hope you dont trip or get traped under a pile of Cat 5E or something

Oh so that's what the failsafe is all about :D I'll have to ask those sys admins whether they know about this "system" or not :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back