New Gaming PC - Would love some advice

Hello, I built a computer back in 2006, since then I haven't kept up with the game, so I don't know much about current parts.

I'm looking to build a gaming PC for about 1000 USD, and hope for it to be relevant for 2+ years.
I mostly play DOTA 2, but play a variety of games including Skyrim, Bioshock: Infinite, The Witcher 3 etc.

I have put together a build on pcpartpicker which falls into my budget.
Here is the link to the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/cflo/saved/KPZdnQ
I'll be using my TV as a monitor for the time being.

Are there any parts which are too low-end/high-end relative to the rest of the build?
Is the case an appropriate size for my parts?
Any recommendations of parts to swap out?
I've had problems with overheating in my PCs/Laptops in the past, should I invest in better cooling?

I'm living in Japan, so I will be buying from local sites/shops, so depending on local prices the build may change a little and I may post another thread. However, I haven't found good cheap retailers yet.

Thank you for your time and any advice you have.

Those games will easily play on that system. The i5 is considered the sweet spot for gaming. You picked good parts. The only advice I would give is two fold: 1) Western Digital's Black Series is considered a better build quality with a 5 year warranty and 2) Love Corsair power supplies but I would go 650 watts myself (always rather have a bit more than needed).

Those games will easily play on that system. The i5 is considered the sweet spot for gaming. You picked good parts. The only advice I would give is two fold: 1) Western Digital's Black Series is considered a better build quality with a 5 year warranty and 2) Love Corsair power supplies but I would go 650 watts myself (always rather have a bit more than needed).
Thanks for the input!
I've swapped out what you suggested, I've always used Western Digital External hard drives and they've done me well. And I agree it's better to be safe with the PSU.

Back