new graphics card - screen resolution problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jools182

Bought the X1650PRO and fitted it today

After a few problems (blue screen of death etc!!) got it working

Only thing now is everything on the screen looks so small

All my desktop icons are smaller, and even web pages only fill about 3/4 of the screen width

I have tried messing with the resolution but none of them look right (distorted or too big)

Any ideas??

ok, try setting the resolution to 1280x960 or 1280x1024 and the refresh rate to 60Hz

if that doesn't sort it out then try using the screen's menus to adjust the size to make it go right to the edges (if you have a black border around the image)

Tried both those settings and the icons are still very small
Web pages still only 3/4 screen width
There isn't any black at the edges of the screen, but web pages used to fill the full width of the screen before I fitted the new card:confused:

Have you tried updating your video drivers - there can be something wrong there or u could mess around in the ATI control panel...

that's what i was thinking, i wanted to make sure that the card hadn't been upgraded from an nvidia because you would need to uninstall those drivers first

Hi
It was nvidia but I did uninstall all the drivers first
I tried the ATI control panel but it did the same thing as the normal control panel settings

:(

did you install the latest drivers from the website or use ones from a cd?

also, would you be able to post a picture of your screen (a photo of the actual monitor) so that i have a better idea of your problem? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back