New intel core 2 duo e6750

Status
Not open for further replies.

onesmartidiot

i have a board on the way that has 1333mhz fsb, and a core 2 duo that is 1333mhz

here is what the newegg specs for it say
FSB 800/1066/1333MHz
FSB1333MHz CPU Will Operate In Overclocking Mode

am i still overclocking it if it is a 1333 cpu?

while im asking that, im getting 2 gigs of ddr2 800mhz. so does that mean even though the cpu is 1066 (or 1333 for that matter) will it be bottlenecked to the 800mhz of memory?

ive never really understood the relation between memory speed and fsb. my old athlon xp was fsb 333 with ddr 400 so i dont know :p

not really mate but your system will run at 800mhz , your ram will hold it back , if its good quality ram youll be able to o/c it , you'll have plenty of headroom.

but as for the bottleneck , yes there is one but dont worry about it , you can buy 1333mhz ram but the performance increase vs the extra cash aint worth it.....unless your a die hard overclocker like me ;0)

lol i refuse to ever overclock

besides my board uses ddr2 800, so ddr2 1333 is out of the question anyway.

im sure whatever bottelnecks there are it will blow my a64 system out of the water lol

thanks

onesmart***** said:
lol i refuse to ever overclock

besides my board uses ddr2 800, so ddr2 1333 is out of the question anyway.

im sure whatever bottelnecks there are it will blow my a64 system out of the water lol

thanks

then why post specs for your board quoting that it uses 1333mhz?

onesmart***** said:
i have a board on the way that has 1333mhz fsb, and a core 2 duo that is 1333mhz

and as i said , releiving the bottleneck isnt worth the extra cash versus extra performance

RAM frequency and FSB should be at a 1:1 ratio for optimal performance. I'd suggest buying a Crucial Ballistix kit since they OC really well and can be found for real cheap with rebates.

But all in all you can O'C your 800 ram. Micron also makes some very good chips for overclocking. Some of the well known vendors use Micron chips in their best ram modules.

got a good fan on them
would not hurt at all to OC the memory a little
this way you'll get close to the cpu rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back