New iPod Contact/Jacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extant

My iPod just "busted" today. There seems to be a problem with the headphone jack. I opened it up and all to try and fix it. It worked for a while, thne it stopped again. Oh yes, the warrenty is over. I'm actually one of the people who has had the same iPod for the longest, of the people I know. =3

Well I was just wondering, because other than this my iPod is pretty much in 100% (maybe 90ish%). So if I actually decide to retire this thing I'll use it as an external HD. :)

BUT, I was wondering if you guys consider it worth to order a new headphone jack from one of these sites online (I already broke open my iPod so I'd probably be able to figure out how to change it myself)

I could also consider getting a new iPod... Christmas is coming so it wouldn't be too bad of an idea. :) And I'd get a free External HD!

But my question is, have they improved this? I heard the Shuffle doesn't have this problem with the headphone jack (but I think the shuffle is too small for me), what about the others? Classic still suffering from the same issue? How about the Touch?

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back