New mobo and CPU power on. Everything works, but...

Bossman

Hello Gents

New Mobo and CPU Power on everything works BUT.

nothen on monitor no beeps nothen

HD turns on
CPU fan Turns on
PC Back Fan turns on
light for ethernet turns on

but sill nothen on monitor no beeps nothen

my Mobo
Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H Socket 775 Micro ATX Motherboard, Intel G41 Chipset, Supports 45nm Intel Core 2 Multi-Core Processors, 1333 FSB, Dual Channel DDR2 800, SATA HDD, with Gigabit Ethernet LAN

CPU
"intel pentium4 630 sl7z9 3.00GHZ/2m/800/04a"

oh ya there is one thing the power cable that plugs into the Mobo has 4 slot/plugs remaining. The power cable plug only has 20 plug connectors but the Mobo has 24 so there are 4 plugs unpluged

help please

As per Gigagbyte's website concerning this motherboard you must have the following from your power supply:

1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector

1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector

Are you saying your power supply doesn't have either? What power supply are you using?

I went and got a new Power supply with 24 pins and still nothen just the same
I am worriered that i mite have fryed the CPU

i looked AT it and it has some discolorasion it does not look burnet just off color from the rest.

there are 3 spots

ok i ran the PC for about 15 min nothen happen so i turned it off and as fast as i could i took the heatsink off and felt the top of the CPU and it was ice cold it mite have taken me 1 min to take the HS off.and it was ice

thats a bad CPU right

Do you or does a friend of yours have a multimeter to test the power supply?

Was the fan even spinning on the CPU heatsink?

I amj also concerned about your motherboard because power supplies that are faulty can cause hardware damage and in your case it looks like the wrong power supply was connected in the beginning.

After new power supply installation i turned on the PC and
HD turns on
CPU fan Turns on
PC Back Fan turns on
light for ethernet turns on

Back