New motherboard not loading Windows 8

drpeppercan

[FONT=arial]I changed my AM2 motherboard for a AM3, my Phenom 9550 CPU for a Phenom 2, and the ram too. I got the 3 used items bundle from a local. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]I believe I got everything well connected/assembled. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]If I run the pc it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" w/the Windows 8 logo above. I waited about 20 minutes, it never changed. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Then I booted from the Windows 7 System Repair disc. It said something like "Windows is loading the files". But as soon as the progress bar was completed, it went away and nothing would happen. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Same happened with the Windows Vista repair disc. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]I haven't tried the Windows Vista installation CD. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]I also tried the Ubuntu 13 installation CD. It looked like it was loading files, or about to. But soon after only an underscore symbol was showing. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Am I to reformat the hard disk? Or is there still some hope? [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Thanks guys! [/FONT]

That several different OS's (and especially Ubuntu) do not install is a fairly clear indication that something is badly amiss with the new hardware. In your position, I would return the lot for a replacement at once.
I don't think there is much you could do to isolate the precise problem, except create a free-standing linux to run from the CD (e.g. puppy linux). Then you might just be able to implicate one of the video, memory, motherboard or HDD, which would be a start.

Back