New PC randomly semi-shutting down... need assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having problems with my pc randomly shutting down but not completely...in that the screen, mouse and kb lose power yet the case, cpu fans are still running as is the psu.

I brought it to be looked at at my local pc repair place after i had replaced the motherboard, having the same symptoms, where they informed me that i had a faulty motherboard. After that i decided to replace basically everything besides the 2 dvd drives and my case.

i have an Asus M4A79XTD EVO motherboard, AMD phenom II 955 cpu, patriot 2x2gb 1333 DDR3 ram, Asus 1gb EAH5750 gpu, OCZ fatal1ty 700w psu and a seagate 500gb sataII drive. All this brand new thinking that i wouldn't have the same shutdown problem...I was wrong. It even shutdown before i installed the OS which is win 7.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what the hell is wrong...any suggestions welcome

and btw i have tried different power points.

try removeing all cards , and if your useing USB devices like keyboard and mouse, but use ps2 devices...

then try installing OS, or running some type of system diags, for mem, and cpu test in dos...

something is conflicting, and causeing it to reboot...

hope this helps

thanks for suggestion but i finally figured out what it was. the god damn case front panel connections or the on/off switch were buggered. I've changed the case and haven't had any problems since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back