New PSU on eMachine, not booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an eMachine. There was a power outage, then it wouldn't power on. I bought and installed a new PSU. When plugged in again, the power button glows green, but it will not boot up. Need help please. I don't know what to do next.

Power button glows on the motherboard and no further activity? Looks like it's fried. Time for a new mobo.

Typical problem with at least 17 models of eMachines computers...
except
the problem is on the motherboard, and it cause the power supply in every case we have closely examined...
We have documented well over 700 of them before eMachines moved back to Korea...

Most techs assume the power supply causes the motherboard failure. We are quite certain it is the other way around...

And eMachines knows about it, but does nothing... It apparently occures in eMachine boards that they built in a Korean factory from a design they licensed from Intel...

But the board curl as they age., and when they curl the wiring goes screwy internally

So far, eMachines denies this but we have a pretty big stock of them... if we can ev er catch them in one place long enough to sue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back