New rig

Tedster

Finally got around to building my new rig - a phenom X6 running on a gigabyte GA-770T motherboard. Fast as heck..... really pleased. Even better was that the system fired up with no errors on the first assembly.

My only complaint is the stock fan is really loud. I'm going to replace it with a better aftermarket cooler.

For those that know me here in TS I've been around for a long time. I still got my old built system - an Athlon XP 3200+ and it's still fast, but it was getting a little aged. I'm going to keep it for a back up system.

That's funny, I'm still rocking a 3200+ in my shop computer. For some reason I just can't part with the little guy haha.

Are you gonna post some pics in the gallery?

Well the old 3200+ still runs great. I'm going to put it in a second room with a wifi card to link into my router. Still does everything I need. When the wife is home I won't have to fight with her for the computer

@SNGX1275 - been really busy of late, not much time for forums. Between work and my master's degree not much time for other stuff. good to see ya buddy.

@ Exceller8 - I might post pics when I finally get the super cooler done. Not much to look at - a plain rig - but it rocks with performance.

Back