New Sound Card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All.

I have just installed a new CMedia 8738 6 channell pci sound card into my desktop. Windows XP Home. I can get perfect sound from onboard music files but my cd playback is now skipping and jumping and sound like crap. Any ideas???

No need to check cables, you shouldn't be using any. What media player are you using? If you go into Windows media player -> Tools -> Options -> Devices there some options you can set for your drives & devices there which might help. Ensure they're set to Digital at least

TS | Thomas said:
No need to check cables, you shouldn't be using any. What media player are you using? If you go into Windows media player -> Tools -> Options -> Devices there some options you can set for your drives & devices there which might help. Ensure they're set to Digital at least
I know that both of my Audigy cards have digital and analog connections to my optical drives. Also, there is the question of what program is being used for media playback and its configuration.

audio probs

hi guys thanks for the reply. I am on windows xp and was advised by my tech to disconnect the cables as it will stream through xp by itself. I am alos using windows media player as my default playback. I have tried everyhting in the settings but still cant tweak it right. ????

striddaphoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back