New system build - no signal to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've just built a system with the following components:

ASUS P5G41T-M/CSM LGA 775 Intel G41 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 Yorkfield 2.66GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

no video card as i bought the mobo because it has onboard HDMI. the computer starts up, i get a beep, but there is no signal through either the VGA or HDMI outputs. i've tried it hooked up to the TV as well as a monitor. no OS installed on there right now, but i should still be seeing a BIOS screen right? anyone know what i should be looking at to fix this? appreciate any help!

Perhaps you need HD drivers for that port to work. Try using the analog D-Sub connector until you can install them after the OS is installed.

Perhaps you need HD drivers for that port to work. Try using the analog D-Sub connector until you can install them after the OS is installed.

sorry - by VGA i guess i mean D-Sub.... i've tried connecting using each connector separately and no luck... thanks for the reply.

You are so right. Sorry, I overlooked that somehow. I presume the 4 pin ATX 12V CPU connector is plugged in and there are no misplaced motherboard standoffs? Are you using a power supply that came with the case? What brand, model and wattage?

the ps and case were separate:
Rosewill RD400-2-DB 400W ATX V2.2
nMEDIAPC Black HTPC 5000B Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case

the 4-pin connector is definitely in but i will double check just in case... as with the standoffs... i'm sure i did but it was pretty late when i put this thing together :)

i had a similar problem once, i opened my case for something and when i closed it, pc didnt work...same problem as yours...i was worried sick, removed GPU, removed the CMOS battery....in the end turned out that the CPU power connector wasnt connected properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back