New system won't POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
(At least I think that's what won't POST means)

Hi guys I am helping a friend build a new system and we have encountered some problems, was hoping you all could help. We have installed the RAM, motherboard, hard drive, CPU, video card, and jumpers. When we press the power button power goes to the system, the fans spin up and the motherboards lights come on as do the lights on the video card. But nothing appears on the monitor.

The motherboard has 2 LEDs that can be used for troubleshooting. When the power is on, LED1 lights up, LED2 does not light up. According to the manual this indicates a "memory error". We tried reseating the RAM, moving it to different slots, and trying only one stick, but none of this helped.

We reset the CMOS as the motherboards manual said, this did not help.

I am not sure where to go from here. My guess is that the RAM is not compatible with the motherboard for some reason.

Motherboard: BIOSTAR TForce TP45D2-A7
RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo

I apologize that I don't have more information about the components - I'm not at my friends place anymore and can't get a hold of him, but will update info as soon as I can.

Do you think the motherboard may simply be incompatible with the RAM, or the RAM was dead on arrival?

Thanks in advance! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back