New version IE not supported in Win Server 2003

hello all :)

i'm using Win Server 2003 Standard Edition.

and it's default Internet Explorer is version 6.

i tried installing IE version 7 and 8 but to no avail. it always pop with a message, " ... Internet Explorer 7 is not supported on this operating system ... " or " ... Internet Explorer 8 is not supported on this operating system ... ".

are their any possibility i can installer newer version of IE in my PC? please help :(

actually, what i'm trying to figure-out was that the IE6 has "no add tab-option" but rather only "open a new window" (my gush).

cheers!

pursue

this is quick ... and this is the easy part.

but i really want to upgrade my IE version. hope anyone or someone can help.

cheers!

Internet Explorer 7 and 8 are compatible with Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 64bit. Hmm... Did you download the version that matches your OS? Can you tell us more about your server software?

Hello JasonWinTeam ;)

sorry it took me a long time to answer or get back on this issue. but a big thanks really for taking time to share some inputs (y)

any way, I'm using my OS which is Win Server 2003 SE 32-bit as an initial stage to learned about Active Directory, as well, Domain Controller :cool:

actually, I was able to installed IE9 which it fairly functions until last week when my OS got into trouble. it hunged-up and Safe Mode, as well, run using Last Know Good Configuration doesn't workout :confused:

so I run System Recovery or restore using the same cd installer I used years back. then both Mozilla Forefox and IE9 got issues which is very problematic on my part. the Mozilla Forefox won't anymore popup and IE9 went back to it's IE6 version :eek:

I'm only using now Google Chrome as my browser which I'm not too familiar with in all it's functionality. hope I can be assisted again on this predicament of mine :D

As much as I loved google Chrome,I had to dump it but this http://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en
might help you good luck.
As previously mentioned, Firefox is a good browser as is SeaMonkey
in the firefox family & my default browser.

hello learninmypc ;)

thanks for nice suggestions. in fact, I already heard of that before about SeaMonkey browser but didn't apply since I like Firefox as I've been used to it :)

however, I still need to have IE either IE7, IE8, or IE9 so at least I have plenty of choices and much more that I noticed that their are Microsoft-based softwares that can only be downloaded, as well, run only if use through IE :p

I'm sure their is a way and it just happened that I didn't take note I did I managed to update my IE6 before to IE9 using the same OS which is Win Server 2003 SE *nerd*

cheers! :cool:

hello learninmypc ;)

however, I still need to have IE either IE7, IE8, or IE9 so at least I have plenty of choices and much more that I noticed that their are Microsoft-based softwares that can only be downloaded, as well, run only if use through IE :p

*nerd*

cheers! :cool:
What are these programs that you say can "only be" downloaded using Microsoft-based software?
I realize your OS is different from mine (XP Pro) but with the exception of Firefox, I've never been forced to use IE to download anything :confused:

It's best for him to update the browser. Having IE6 is a very big hole in the OS security. You don't even need to open it.
Did you download a modified ISO from the internet?
Do you have the service packs? I don't know if you can install IE 7/8 without SP2

PS: I also support firefox :D

It's best for him to update the browser. Having IE6 is a very big hole in the OS security. You don't even need to open it.
Did you download a modified ISO from the internet?
Do you have the service packs? I don't know if you can install IE 7/8 without SP2

PS: I also support firefox :D

hi again learninmypc, as well, Puiu :)

my current OS is Win Server 2003 Standard Edition 32-bit in which it has a built-in IE version 6. and I guess that you can only manage to download updates from Microsoft only through IE especially those so called patches. otherwise, it will simply advised to use IE if your using another browser such as Chrome or Firefox if downloading patches through it :cool:

likewise, I also agree with Puiu that IE6 has a very vulnerable to OS security and it's one of the reasons why I need to get the latest version of IE that is compatible with Win Server 2003 Standard Edition 32-bit :p

hope that Puiu you can share me the link of the modified ISO or that service pack SP2 from torrents if it's okay or allowed *nerd*

you may just PM me the answer if it's prohibited in here :cool:

cheers! ;)

p.s. sorry again it takes time for me to get back in here to update my thread :D

Another reason for needing a later version of IE is as a dependency for other software. Nothing to do with firefox/chrome, or even browsing. Dopey os requires a browser to allow a service to install, lame.

eg Kaspersky Security Center 10 requires ie 7 or later on win 2k3 server, and the original error message comes up if SP2 is not installed.

Back