NEW XP Internet/Screen Resolution Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer suffered from a virus. Internet would not let me leave home page; all programs running inproperly. Tried an XP repair, didnt work. Just today completely reinstalled clean copy of windows XP now I can't access internet (zoomtwon) at all. Cable is fine, if i remove and plug into my laptop I get the internet (hence how i'm writing this) But unrecognized on the PC. Also the screen resolution has no options other than 800x600pix. and color can only be medium(16 bit). HELP, please :O)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

After a new install of your OS.

You`ll need to reinstall the drivers for your modem, and graphics card. Also, you should reinstall your chipset drivers as well.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

You will be able to find the drivers on the websites of your equipment manufacturers.

If you could give us the makes and models of your Modem/Graphics card/Motherboard.

We would be quite happy to supply you with the links to the drivers etc.

Regards Howard :)

Howard is right, I'd start with chipset drivers first, then graphics, modem etc. Windows might want you to reboot after installing most of that, however from my experience it may wait :) Reboot once you've done installing all the drivers.

more info about my system

If you can help me find the drivers that would be excellent, i really don't know what I'm doing. The computer is a Dell Dimension 2400(X86-based PC) we never installed a new graphic card or motherboard so they are the system default i suppose. We connect using a Westell modem to zoomtown.... does this information help you to be able to help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back