Newegg is bundling gaming monitors with GPUs to clear out inventory

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In a nutshell: From one extreme to the other – that is the best way to describe the GPU market over the past couple of years. The 180 has seemingly happened so quickly that Newegg is now bundling additional hardware with GPUs to move inventory ASAP.

Getting your hands on a high-end graphics card like those from Nvidia's 30 series has not been easy in recent memory thanks to a perfect storm involving the pandemic and subsequent component shortages and supply chain issues as well as scalpers and crypto miners. The worst appears to be in the rearview as pandemic restrictions have mostly lifted and the supply chain is gaining fluidity.

Ethereum's recent switch to a proof-of-stake algorithm is no doubt going to flood the market with even more GPUs.

As of writing, you can score a Gigabyte Eagle OC RTX 3060 for $399.99 that comes with a Gigabyte 24-inch gaming monitor sporting a variable refresh rate of 165Hz / 180Hz. The card normally goes for $379.99 and the monitor is valued at $159.99, so you are getting a pretty solid deal.

A different combo pairs an RTX 3070 with a 27-inch curved QHD gaming monitor featuring a 165Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time and 83 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color space. Individually, the RTX 3070 retails for $549.99 and the monitor sells for $229.99 but you can get them both together for $599.99 for a limited time.

Under normal market conditions, bundles like these would not be unheard of given the timing. Nvidia is mere days away from unveiling its RTX 4000 graphics cards, and purported leaked images are only fueling the fire. Clearing out inventory of soon-to-be last-gen cards only makes sense.

Even if you don't necessarily need a new monitor, having a spare on hand can't hurt. It could also serve as the basis for a new project or to spruce up an older build. If you are feeling extra generous, you could always gift it to someone in need.

Permalink to story.

Or they could just, y'know, cut the GPU prices. Almost nobody is going to bite on this nonsense.
I say just give it a few weeks. By Halloween, the GPU flood from Ethereum mining will have arrived. Unless you do need a new monitor right now, these deals will be surpassed in late October.

As for the media, stop calling GPU prices as low until you are seeing GTX 3080s for less than half a grand.

I say just give it a few weeks. By Halloween, the GPU flood from Ethereum mining will have arrived. Unless you do need a new monitor right now, these deals will be surpassed in late October.

As for the media, stop calling GPU prices as low until you are seeing GTX 3080s for less than half a grand.
By Black Friday just as I predicted the DIY market will make a comeback and the second hand used market will see record growth. There will be a direct price war between used second hand market and new retail market like we have never seen before! I am personally expecting even the new high end flagships to eventually drop in prices after 1 or 2 quarters and be replaced with with even higher performance products, replacing the price stack by putting pressure from the top. Nvidia will launch really high to give them wiggle room. If enthusiast can hold off 1 or 2 quarters they will likey get a) an even more powerful gpu like a 4090ti and or Titan card or b) potentially pay a better price on those 4090s; that will eventually lead to more stock than the wallet cash whales; which are numbered from what we can see from the 3090ti fell by 50% just from launch a few months back.

Last edited:
Or they could just, y'know, cut the GPU prices. Almost nobody is going to bite on this nonsense.
We agree on much when it comes down to it, but not here. I can see a very profitable opportunity here. I'm going to scoop on an obscene number of GPU\Monitor deals. As many as I can. Sell the monitors for a bit below MSRP, and sell the GPUs at or also a little below MSRP to speed up takers.

I have plenty of staff members and friends if Newegg gets bitchy with the 2 limit.

Why don't they cut prices in the same proportions as when they *inflated* them? That would be a sensible thing to do IMHO, but I get it, it works one way only... This kind of behaviour is just some sort of big scale scam.
I would probably get a 3080 Ti for $500... :D

I've notice this "bundling" on Amazon as well, though in those cases the "deal" really isn't a deal. If I can get a decent monitor and a 3070Ti or 3080, I might go for it as I am in the process of building 2 new machines. One for me and one for my grandson.

It's almost as if many consumers believe they will be able to get a 40xx series on day 1 or even year 1 at anywhere even close to msrp.

I'm actually interested to see how much I can get an RX 6950 XT for before all the dust clears. I won't buy it of course because I already have the RX 6800 XT but I'm still curious.

So far all of the monitor and graphics card bundles I've seen on Newegg are Gigabyte GPUs and Gigabyte monitors. Gigabyte has consistently had the worst RMA/Warranty support in the US for over 10 years now. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy their products because its almost as if they are sold without a warranty.

Back