Newly built machine won't boot, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedoca

Hello everyone, my friend who is a very experienced builder helped me put together a PC but it won't post; the machine tured on for a few secs, shuts off for a couple of seconds then turn it self back on, and nothing is post. He tried two different CPUs, tried to turn on without the video card, RAM and the same thing happened; no beeping sound for missing components at all. Could it be the power supply, mobo, or grounding issue? Below are the list of my components:

HD 300G|WD 10K 16M SATA2 WD3000GLFS - OEM

MB ASUS P5Q DELUXE 775 P45 ICH10R R - Retail

PSU ENERMAX|EGX1000EWL 1000W RT - Retail

CPU INTEL|C2D E8400 3G 775 45N R - Retail

HD 1T|WD 16M SATA2 WD10EACS % - OEM

DVD_ROM SONY NEC|DDU1615/B2s BK % - OEM

DVD BURN PIONEER|DVR-115DBK 20X BK% - OEM

SDCD HTOMEGA|CLARO Plus+ RT - Retail

MEM 2Gx2|CORS TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF R - Retail

start over building to find the problem. place the motherboard on the cardboard box it came in on a table, not on carpet.I find it easiest to set the case next to it, to hook the start buttons just place the CPU its heat sink, one module of mem. the video card, and hook up the monitor. hook up the essential power components, and the start button. then try to get the computer to boot. it should boot to the BIOS. if it does not boot here u're mem. is most likely bad. if it gets to the BIOS, then start adding components, one at a time until u see what is not letting it boot, if u get it built this way and every thing is working, u most likely had it grounded to the case. then u can star over building in the case, but u will not need to take the processor out and the mem.

Just check the simple things first like how you put on the thermal grease on or did you put it on at all, check all the conections make sure your processor is pluged in and has power etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back