Newly built PC randomly freezes no bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppsssooo

ok my specs are 790i ultra,Q9300,4gb patriot ddr3, 750 corsair 75 amps. pny 9600gt

now i problem is that randomly the whole pc freezes and horrid noise comes out of the speakers. the ram is good because when i first made this i had returned the original that was horribly bad. the HDD is brand new 320gig. not overheating everything is in 30 c's mini typhoon on the cpu.

ok my specs are 790i ultra,Q9300,4gb patriot ddr3, 750 corsair 75 amps. pny 9600gt

now i problem is that randomly the whole pc freezes and horrid noise comes out of the speakers. the ram is good because when i first made this i had returned the original that was horribly bad. the HDD is brand new 320gig. not overheating everything is in 30 c's mini typhoon on the cpu.

That's what I have been getting too also on a new PC. I was told it's the power supply o-o;

Figured it out!! its not the PSU btw my ram wasnt being givene enough volts... during some of the 1st freezes i guess it F**ked with my bios... ram was at 1.5 on auto it needed to be at 1.7 everything works perfect now

mines at 1.75 i wouldnt go as high as you unless you have problems at the volts im at or try 1.8 atleast. good to hear its helped you out too.

The lowest voltage on my motherboard is 1.80. I was having problems at anything lower than 1.95. It's been fine so far since.

Jennzie, if the mem. is rated at more it does not hurt to go up from there. I am running at 2.20 but that is what it asks for although it will run at 1.80.

Jennzie, if the mem. is rated at more it does not hurt to go up from there. I am running at 2.20 but that is what it asks for although it will run at 1.80.

It's OCZ DD2 PC6400 Platinum Revision 2 2GB Kit. It's default voltage is, 1.9. I had it lower than that. I'm guessing that was the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back