Newly-found planet probably life-bearing

Archean

Astronomers recently announced the discovery of a planet that’s very similar to Earth than any discovered before, and there’s a good chance humans could survive there. What’s even more fascinating is the assertion of one scientist that there is a strong possibility of life on Gliese 581g.

Yeah, but there's always a catch...

*Reads article*

Yep, 20 light years. Well then, load up the snacks we'll be there in no time. :rolleyes:

May be you need SS Enterprise? :confused:

Now that would be more like it!

As an avid Star Trek fan, I can say that the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D: from Star Trek: The Next Generation), which has a normal cruising speed of warp 6.0, would be able to reach the planet in approximately 19 earth days; at Maximum speed (Warp 9.6), just 4 days...Although the ship can only sustain this speed for a maximum of 12 hours only.

If i'm stll alive when we invent one, I might actually go for chief engineer :D

Regardless of everything, one can always dream ;)

Well you need to imagine something before you invent it anyway.

If i'm stll alive when we invent one, I might actually go for chief engineer

Don't worry we have captaincranky, I am sure he have other ideas about traveling at warp speed :grinthumb

Oh dear...

Don't worry we have captaincranky, I am sure he have other ideas about traveling at warp speed :grinthumb

You know that now you've spoken his name he's probably gonna come bulldozing in with a 500 word lecture on the "Theory of warp travel" or something like that. :haha:

I am not bothered, as long as he can make stuff travel at warp speed, beside that it takes a lots of effort to write a 500 word essay on aspects of warp speeds ........ :rolleyes:

I am not bothered, as long as he can make stuff travel at warp speed, beside that it takes a lots of effort to write a 500 word essay on aspects of warp speeds ........ :rolleyes:

Effort?....Jeez, that guy knocks 500 worders out for fun. :D

( Congrats on your 4000th post :grinthumb: )

Well, there would probably be 500 words in the title alone given the gravity of issue. (Don't pardon the pun, see if I care).

For you Star Trek fans, "I'm giving her all I got. She'll naught take much more o' this captain".

In any event Benny better hurry up with the star drive, the Na'vi are waiting for us to ruin their world too.

Now that is an idea, I don't know if there is a record for the longest title for an essay in Guinness book, if there is none you'll create one, if there is one, you'll better it anyway :D

captaincranky said:
In any event Benny better hurry up with the star drive, the Na'vi are waiting for us to ruin their world too.

Just give me a few years and i'll have one ready. I'll go out and buy some pens and paper tomorrow to start my calculations...

Back