Nforce2 driver update 2.41 not available through anybody's links

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a major problem with the sound chip or controller on my A7NX8 mainboard. I get sound distortion ranging from crackles and pops in media player or winamp to rhythmic, pulsing white noise bursts in Heros of Might and Magic 4.

I have downloaded the Realtek ALC650 drivers for the chip, but I am a bit nervous about writing over the ASUS driver package. Realtek also points out many problems are controller based, not chip based.

So, I am looking for Nforce2 chip updates. Supposedly, there is a NVidia Nforce2 version 2.41 driver update - listed on this site, as well- but no matter where I go, I get a 'page not found' message.

I have checked to see that I accept all cookies. I have turned off my outpost firewall. I have set Opera to identify itself as Explorer. I have even used IE. So now what do I do?

Has Nvidia changed it's mind?

You can't find the 2.41 nForce drivers because they have been removed from NVIDIA's site for an unknown reason. I expect you are running Windows XP, what drivers are you currently using?

nForce Drivers: 2.03

The reason they were removed is because many people were having trouble with the IDE driver. I've read of a number of people reinstalling windows because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back