No audio device detected

InkLill

I recently moved into a new case, the NZXT Tempest, upgraded to a new video card (Palit GTS 450) and a new PSU (Corsair TX 650watt). After all of this, the mute symbol is always displayed and i cant change it. WHen scrolled over it says "No AUdio Output Device is Installed"

I am planning on clean wiping Windows 7 tomorrow, but does anyone know anything else I can do to fix it?

I was just going to buy a new sound card, but I want the headphone/microphone jacks on the front of my case to still work.

Bios

THere is an Audio Codec option which has three choices - Enabled, disable, and auto. It is on enabled right now.

In case no audio detection from your computer, have a look at right bottom icon of sound, if not found than you need to install your sound driver, may be installed one might be corrupted due to some unknown reason

WOuld I do this from device manager?

You need to make sure the sound drivers are installed. If you have onboard sound, find the drivers on the motherboard driver CD or you can get them at the motherboard maker's website. If you have a separate sound card, the sound card comes with a driver CD. You can use that if you have it. If not, go to the sound card manufacturer's website for the latest drivers.

To get the case front audio jacks to work make sure you plug in the front panel audio connector to the audio header pins on the motherboard. If you don't know which ones they are, refer to your motherboard manual. If you are using or want to buy a separate audio card, make sure the card has front panel audio headers. Not all sound cards do.

Back