No Audio Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnofo

Hi I have an emachines 410. Its a piece of junk but its all i got so gotta make do. However it no sound device listed or anything and i dont know to sort this. Can anyone help. I have no idea what hardware is inside it.

We need a little more info here... The model number doesn't cross. Are there any other numbers like T4100, or W2354? We will have to know the correct number inorder to help further.

comp spec

its a good 3 or 4 years old. emachines 410. 2.4 ghz processor 512mb ram ati radeon 9200 vid card. i lost the 3 restore disks that came with it. i dont know what the sound card is and cant find a spec for it online anywhere. the xp i got doesnt have the drivers though. its xp essential with sp2. from multimedia audio controller properties i got this code under the details tab PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_3186109F&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&FD and on the general tab it says The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

there is also an ! on the ? for multimedia audio controller

Should I just pop the cover off and have a look at the sound card?

It said foxconn over the adapter behind the sound jacks but i dont where the sound card is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back