No Audio Output Off Guitar Link Software

Dawn1113

First off, I should say I know very little about recording software. I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to music and recording, and still prefer recording whatever music I create on an analogue console.

Recently, I bought a Behringer UCG 102 guitar link cable so I could plug my guitar into my PC without obliterating my motherboard. The hardware comes with its own recording software.

Right now, I'm using the Audacity and Guitar Combo applications that came with the guitar link. The manual doesn't say much. I suppose the manufacturers assumed anyone who buys the device would know what to do. I'm the ***** exception.

I've installed the software, but cannot get any audio either through my speakers or my headphones. I know the input works -- as the graphics indicator clearly registers activity when I play my guitar. All my cables are working. No crackles and pops there. It's the audio output that's giving me difficulty.

I'm attaching a pic and a link to give you guys a clearer idea as to what I'm jabbering about.
Have any of you guys had any experience with this sort of hardware and software? If so, I would appreciate some advice.

BEHRINGER.JPG

I'm using Windows 7, by the way. My hardware should be up to snuff, given the fact that both the hardware and the applications do not really require much.

Thanks.

Hi, There are several ways to control the various inputs and outputs of Audacity, via the 'drop boxes' at the top of the screen above the main display screen, but also it's worth changing the settings in Edit, Preferences, Devices, Playback.
This setting gives the options of 'Playback' through Primary sound device OR Headphones/Speakers.

Hi, There are several ways to control the various inputs and outputs of Audacity, via the 'drop boxes' at the top of the screen above the main display screen, but also it's worth changing the settings in Edit, Preferences, Devices, Playback.
This setting gives the options of 'Playback' through Primary sound device OR Headphones/Speakers.

Hey, thanks, Mike! I did as you advised and fiddled with the drop down menus. I finally hit upon the correct combination of buttons. Seems the default playback settings didn't match my set up. I can hear the guitar now loud and clear.

Now I'm going to try and use the software in combination with my copy of Guitar Rig 5, to add effects. I'm pretty sure that'll complicate things for me, but I really must start trying to learn about these things -- and fast.

Again, thank you for your help.

Back