No low battery warning popup balloon message in system tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjune

I don't know how to restore the low battery warning popup balloon message in the system tray when the battery of my laptop is low. Also, the low battery warning beep is linked to the speakers and its volume is too low and is controlled by the volume setting of the speakers. I have an Acer Extensa 5420-5038 laptop with Vista 32 bit OS. I have Acer empowering technology. If I can get the popup balloon message back I would be happy.

I went out and looked at your user's manual (I don't have an Acer). Well, it didn't help, but if you're not aware of its location I believe this is the right machine family:
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/0000/Acer/Extensa5420G/Extensa5420Gul.shtml

So, suggestions. If you have the power meter or the ePower icon in the system tray, try right click. If that doesn't work, go into device manager and see if power management is there. In either case, there is probably a small check box tucked away on some hideously hidden button on an obscure tab somewhere that says turn on balloon or show low battery warning.

If that doesn't work, try Start, Help and Support and then input low battery in the search term. Another help search term could be tool tip (ie, balloon).

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back