No Primary Video Display Setting in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm new to the board and really needed help with something that is bugging me. I recently purchased an HP Pavilion Media Center PC m8530f desktop. I did a few upgrades on it mainly installing a new power supply and video card. I installed the XFX Geforce 9800GTX+. I downloaded the latest drivers and disabled the Nvidia 8200 that was listed in the PC. It came with what I believe was a Nvidia 9300/9400SE card. After reboot and when I went into the BIOS to the advanced tab there was no option to select Primary Video Display or the option Plug&Play OS. For some reason I don't have these options. I called HP to figure it out with them and after 2 hours on the phone they told me they would have to take it up with AmericanMegatrends or whatever. Still haven't heard back from them. I have everything hooked up and the card is working but I know making the PCI-E or whatever the primary and disabling the onboard in the BIOS is generally what to do. I'm worried it might be slowing down the full potential of the new video card or something. I'm not the most computer literate person but I know a little. I tried to reset the BIOS by taking out the battery, etc. but nothing...I still dont' get those options. So naturally I figured I would try a forum and see if anyone had any ideas or similar problems. Here is a little info about the computer and please let me know if you need any more.

HP Media Center m8530f - AMD 9550 Quad Core
8 gb ram
XFX Geforce 9800GTX+
Motherboard- ASUS M2N78-LA
Chipset - NVIDIA GeForce 8200 (MCP78PV)
BIOS - AMI

Hopefully you guys can help since Technical Support at HP seems to be puzzled.

Thanks.

When these settings do not exist in BIOS, it means that as soon as you plug in an addon card the onboard is automatically disabled.

Very common. No issue.

When these settings do not exist in BIOS, it means that as soon as you plug in an addon card the onboard is automatically disabled.

Very common. No issue.

When I took out the card though and hooked it up to the VGA onboard graphics it still didn't give me the option?!?!

Is it something that's hidden maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back