No Signal Error in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I recently built up a new PC, and having some serious issues with it. Every game I run i get a "No Signal" Error. Sometimes in windows itself, it also happens.

Here is the PC specs:
AMD 64bit 3200+ 939-pin
Gigabyte K8NF-939 Mainboard (PCI-Express, Discreet)
2x Corsair 512 Valueselect DDR400 ram
Seagate 160GB 8mb cache HDD
Gigabyte ATI Radeon X550 256mb PCI-E
Acer 17" LCD 12ms responce screen.

Also, I installed Windows Xp SP1, Newest ATI Omega Drivers, and also a new bios update. The No Signal error has been occuring from the start, its not sumthing i installed along the way. Is it maybe wrong drivers, wrong DirectX? I have absolutely no idea, and IM at my wits end, plz help!

Kind Regards
Piglit

How old is that video card? It could be overheating and shutting down. Make sure the fan is working on the video card and it's free of dust.

Its a brand new card :/ . Took in in had it checked aswell. The Funny part is, I had it here at my house, and it worked when i plugged it into my screen. Then i took it back to the guys house, plugged his 17" in again and same problem. Then I changed some settings, but still nuthin. Then i took my 19" to his house, but then it also started doing this, guess I changed wrong settings :/
The only settings I changed was inside Catalyst control centre...

Anyonw know what would be good, but decent settings, that wont cause problems?

Ok, Got it fixed

Ran a Bios Update, which already made a huge improvement. Then I installed XP Service pack 2. I reset all the ATI settings to Top Quality, and checked out DXDIAG for the Direct 3d tests and stuff. All works fine. Tested 2 games just now, without boming out. Woot!

Thanks for your Input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back