No "signal" on boot with Windows 7 through HDMI

franatieu

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I searched through different topic to see a solution to my problem and unfortunately found nothing.

I have a 27" samsung screen plugged to my pc with an hdmi cable.

When I open my pc, the screen display nothing during the boot until It gets to my desktop.

It has been a few weeks already but now I'm really tired about the problem.
My screen was plugged in with a dvi cable before and there was no problem.

My graphic card is geforce gtx560 fermi and I use windows 7 pro x64.

It's really annoying when I want to get to the bios or for any other kind of situation.

My driver is also up to date.

Any solution :/? I don't know what to do. :dead:

Thanks

With a DVI cable it works and with an HDMI cable you have a problem. You will have to check the PC's video settings and make sure they are set properly for HDMI use

With a DVI cable it works and with an HDMI cable you have a problem. You will have to check the PC's video settings and make sure they are set properly for HDMI use

Thank you for the answer.

Well that is what I am wondering. How do I do that?

I've checked through a lot recently. I checked the nvidia control panel. I went into my Bios. I can't seems to find the options.

The only way I can see my bios is when I dual screen. My other 23" samsung is plugged in with dvi.

My motherboard is an Asus xtreme p7d55d-E.

Thank you again...

I have a similar video card, but it too is running my Samsung 24 inch monitor with a DVI cable. It seems like the HDMI connection is not enabled until Windows starts, and I don't know why this is happening either. Does your videocard have a micro-HDMI connector? Does the HDMI cable have a micro-HDMI connector and then a normal HDMI connector on the other end, or are you using an adapter?

Ohh yes it does! It has an adapter. I guess from normal hdmi to mini hdmi.
The little adapter came with my graphic card. :(

**If I got another problem related to window start menu, should I post on this topic or make a new one?

Thank you

Alright thanks for the answer!
But how would it change anything to the recognition? I'll give it a shot.

2. My start menu search bar is not searching correctly. I've been through alot of attempts with no success...
I even copied exactly the same configurations from my working laptop to my desktop (index option, folder options, file type and the search option customize thingy from star menu properties window).
I also copied the registry for hkey local machine.
The registry microsoft suggest to delete in hkey-current-user wasnt there.
I dont know what could be the problem.

It is better then it was before all the attemps but I still can't even find snipping tool or paint or steam. All available in star menu programs/accessories.

Thank you for responding and helping :)

As I said before, I use a DVI connection from my PC. I only have HDMI connections to my TV's though Roku, Cable and Blu-Ray players, no PC's. As for the search bar, programs missing and registry problems. I think you will have to format your C drive and re-install Windows fresh. Sounds like a serious malware infection

Well i guess i might do that...this could take a long time. O gues its the only solutions! Thank you for all the answer :)

Back