No single bad mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predict

I been trying to get my computer fixed for a couple days. The Mobo dosnt make any beep sounds when booting,but if i remember correct I dont ever remember ever hearing any beeps when it did work. Well when I boot the computer it just dosnt get a singal on the monitor. I found out that the psu went bad and someone told me that when the psu frys then it can fry other parts in the computer. The ram,harddrive,video card works. Currently rigth now im using a 450w psu.The one that fryed was 600w. Well I got a new cpu and I put it on with out a heatsink wanted to see if it would boot and I was going to turn it off right away, but I turned it on and it started to smell and it shut off and I still didnt get a signal. So im hoping it is fine still. I just dont no if it is the mobo or needs more power. Also running the cpu for like 3sec with out a heatsink wont fry it will it?

amd 6400 x2
gts8800 320mb sc
ulra psu 600w
2gb ram
asus sli-delux mobo

Replace the motherboard. If you ever smell the slighest burning smell in a computer... it's already too late to save. Never run a CPU without a heatsink!

Tmagic650 said:
Replace the motherboard. If you ever smell the slighest burning smell in a computer... it's already too late to save. Never run a CPU without a heatsink!

Well i did smell a burning but ill have to try it on another mobo but even if the lights come on and the green light on the mobo comes on it can still be bad?

Predict said:
Well i did smell a burning but ill have to try it on another mobo but even if the lights come on and the green light on the mobo comes on it can still be bad?

The mobo is bad, but i still smelt a burning on the cpu but it was only on for a few sec like 3,but it worked. Is there a chance that the cpu can still run but not run at 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back