No sound from the internet unless I use headphones

mescallw

System:

HP dv5 Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo T5800
4gb RAM
Windows Vista SP2

Here's the deal. Itunes and Windows Media Player can play music both through the computer speakers and through headphones. When I load up youtube or any other websites with sound, I get nothing through the computer speakers. However, the sound will play through the headphones. I have checked all of my internet options to make sure "play sound in browser" was checked, etc. I have confirmed that all of my audio codecs and drivers are up to date. I checked control panel > hardware and sound > sound, and made sure all of my volume settings were at full, and nothing was muted. Something interesting that I noticed was that when I go to system sounds, I cannot hear/test any of my system sounds. Also, windows does not play the start-up/shut-down noises.

Any help would or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

When I encountered similar issues in the past, entirely reinstalling the audio drivers often worked. Repairing the drivers probably will not.

System:

HP dv5 Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo T5800
4gb RAM
Windows Vista SP2

Here's the deal. Itunes and Windows Media Player can play music both through the computer speakers and through headphones. When I load up youtube or any other websites with sound, I get nothing through the computer speakers. However, the sound will play through the headphones. I have checked all of my internet options to make sure "play sound in browser" was checked, etc. I have confirmed that all of my audio codecs and drivers are up to date. I checked control panel > hardware and sound > sound, and made sure all of my volume settings were at full, and nothing was muted. Something interesting that I noticed was that when I go to system sounds, I cannot hear/test any of my system sounds. Also, windows does not play the start-up/shut-down noises.

Any help would or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

If you try to switch from headphones to speakers remember that you have to first exit your web browser and reopen it(this also applies to itunes etc) ppl often tend to forget this.

If this doesnt work i suggest gouing to sounds under the playback and make sure speakers is checked.

Back