No sound on computer which driver do I need

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello there, i had a very blonde moment yesterday and was freeing up some room on my computer and accidently deleted soundmax. my computer now doesnt seem to play any sound. please could you help me. i looked at my drivers and there is a big yellow question mark next to multimedia audio controller,i take it this means my driver is missing.

here is my computer info if it means anything to you, i need all the help i can get coz i dont really know all that much about computers.

Operating System
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

System Model
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a
1.80 gigahertz AMD Sempron
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board b
Board: SiS-760
Serial Number: WYWP53601775
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 10/08/2005

THANKS xx

In device manager, delete the sound device with the warning icon next to it and reboot. It should then plug-n-play your soundcard drivers. YOu 'may' need your mobo disk to reinstall the full soundmax prog as well.

iv jus done that but when i rebooted the hardware wizard tried to install new harware and failed. i dont hav the soundmax disc as my mum friend made this computer but didnt give any discs. do you know anywhere i can get it from ?

x

google for 'soundmax', you'll get loads of hits for it. Download the software relevent to the onboard sound card on your motherboard. Should be as simple as that really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back