No video now

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just now reinstalled xp home, was foolin with mobo settings. I did something wrong im afraid. I set the memory speed to +1000 from auto. That might be it. Now I get no video on either of two monitors., and my computer shuts off about one minute after I start it. I don't know whats wrong here. Anybody have an idea on how to reverse any error I may have done?
Thats an Asus P5B-E motherboard and 2 gigs of Kingston KVR800D2N5 memory.

Look in your motherboard manual for "CMOS Jumper". It will explain how to short the jumper and clear your CMOS settings, which will set your BIOS to their default settings and allow you to boot once again :).

On an ASUS motherboard all resetting the BIOS involves is pulling the MB battery for 3 or 4 minutes then replace it, go into the bios reset any thing that needs to be reset and the time and date.

nickc said:
On an ASUS motherboard all resetting the BIOS involves is pulling the MB battery for 3 or 4 minutes then replace it, go into the bios reset any thing that needs to be reset and the time and date.

..Or you can short the CMOS jumper on almost any motherboard (yup, Asus motherboards too), and be back in business in under two minutes.

I only had to change the jumper settings for about 30 seconds. Didn't have to remove the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back