No video signal, no mouse, no keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hy there,

i have a problem with my pc. I left my house for some hours, when I came back I did not have a video signal, no mouse and no keyboard, no dvd, but the computer was running ok.

I have an ASUS motherboard P5LD2 running on intel core 2 duo, and operating sistem Windows 7.

If you can tell me if I have to buy a new motherboard, or if it can get fixed.
I've try'd a new mobo battery, I've try'd to unplug the pwr cord from the pc, and pres the pwr button for 30 sec.

and I've taken to pieces my pc and rebuild it .. and it seems that near the parallel port where is an "asus fanless design zero noise, no moving parts" thing (if you google it "asus fanless design" it the second image)that is a little black on one side. could that be the problem ? from over heating (but the pc was open for 10 h max)

that's about all !

Try resetting the bios on the motherboard by unplugging the computer and taking out the button battery on the motherboard for a few minutes. Plug the battery and computer back in and start it up

Bad power supply and/or motherboard. Just because you get fans running it doesn't mean the power supply is ok

What you describe is what we see frequently as the result of electrical storms... do do not discount low level lightning... particularly if you habitually keep a modem connected to a phone line "just in case." Lightning not strong enough for you to see a flash can come down your electrical lines or modem line and result in the damage you describe....
And of course, a bad power supply can be another cause... Some ASUS boards commit suicide for no good reason except they feel bad for themselves.
Always suspect the power supply, even if it "seems" OK.
We actually thing it is good policy to replace the power supply any time a motherboard goes to the happy hunting ground.

Good advise Raybay,
we have had several days of heavy rain, lightening and thunder. My system is off at night but on from 8am to mid-night most of the time. It is protected by an old APC Smart-UPs 1000 (2001) that I refurbished in 2006. I used to repair these under APC warranty when I lived in Pennsylvania. The Smart-UPs 1000 was a server UPs. The batteries last 3 to 5 years... These old APS UPs were built like tanks for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back