No video when GPU is connected

matrix86

I just recently moved. My computer was working fine. I turned it off, unplugged it, loaded it up in my car, drove 5 miles down the road to my new place, hooked my computer up........and nothing. Computer turns on, but no video. I pull out my old monitor and run a VGA cable to it from the onboard graphics. Nothing. I pull the graphics card out, suddenly the onboard graphics work. I thought maybe there was an issue with the card, and decided this was as good a time as any to upgrade. I get the new card in, plug it in, turn my computer on.........same thing. No video, not even from on board graphics. Pull the card out, video.

So far, I have:
unplugged everything from the mobo
taken out the CMOS battery
put battery back in
put all components back on the mobo
plugged everything back in

Nothing has worked. I thought maybe it was the PCI-E port so I used the other one on the board...same thing. The card doesn't even have to be hooked up the PSU. Just being put into the PCI-E port will kill on board graphics. So lost as to what to do without going out and buying another mobo which I really don't want to do.

Seems like a graphics card conflict somehow developed during the move. Just some ideas here:-
With the card out, go into the BIOS and check that "PCIe" is enabled in "first initialisation".
Check that the video card is connected properly in PCIe slot and also for power connection.
If there are any issues with on-board VGA check that memory modules are not lose.

Back