No video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Ok, i've gotten about 3 or 4 broken PC's from friends this year that have the same problem. They are have no video-It's like an epidemic. Turn them on and you get lights, you get fans, you can open the CD/dvd tray, the hard drives work ok in another pc, but no video. The screen just says "Self test...check your cable and PC" flashing every 3 seconds. Two of the PC's were HP's, and now I have an IBM ThinkCenter MT-M 9215-A1U. All had graphics cards built into the Mobo, so I put a PCI video card in there and still nothing. Then I put an AGP in there and nothing agian. I never hear it post, but then maybe the beep was shutoff and I can't get to the cmos settings anyway. I've tried to swap out the memory sticks. I've unplugged the HDD, the CD/DVD drives, the PCI devices. Any Ideas?

There's not a whole lot left for it to be, bar the PSU and mobo itself. You tried stripping it to the extreme basics, pulling out all ide/sata drives, any attatchments for the front panel and tried just running with ram and video?

Get yourself a PCI video card and try that. What make of motherboards are in these. Can you see the name or model numbers on the boards themselves? I have an old VIA chipset Athlon 1GHz board that is doing the same thing. I have tried 3 PCI video cards and a couple of AGP cards... no video at all.

IBM Think Centre has motherboard FC 8S661FXMTIU with Celeron D.

Yeah, I've unplugged everything. Just Power, different ram, mobo and new video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back